Without your ingenuity and spirit of discovery, Ohio State could not fulfill its potential to improve people’s lives through research. Whether you’re working on a campus or remotely, the information, resources and links below will help you continue your work while staying safe and staying healthy — and playing your part to keep your friends, family and colleagues healthy — at work and at home.
The Office of Research has a Research Recovery Plan for Staged Reopening that outlines reopening laboratories, studios and research spaces in a staged approach. This site includes updates and FAQs specific to researchers.
- A staged approach for re-opening research labs on campus is under way. Learn more about what you need to do before returning to a campus, including online training available.
- All critical faculty and staff coming to campus must check their temperature and assess any symptoms before reporting to work. Read more about the steps you need to take to keep our workforce healthy and control the spread of COVID-19. More information is available for employees of The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center at OneSource.
- Accountability measures will be in place for those who do not complete the training and sign the pledge, or choose not to abide by required health and safety guidelines. These accountability measures may range from additional training and informal coaching to formal disciplinary action based on existing structures for students, faculty and staff. They are available here.
- The university has compiled additional guidance regarding alternative face masks, the cleaning of cloth face coverings and respectful face mask compliance. More information can be found on the Personal Protection and Hygiene page.
- The Wexner Medical Center is open. Health plan members should read more about patient safety and new policies before their next visit.
- The academic calendar for autumn has been adjusted. The first day of classes is Aug. 25. The last day of in-person, on-campus instruction is Nov. 25. Instruction in the last week of the semester, Nov. 30-Dec. 4, and final exams, Dec. 7-11, will be virtual. For more, visit the Office of Academic Affairs webpage.
Frequently asked questions
For additional information and FAQs applicable to all Ohio State faculty and staff, please visit the Faculty and Staff page. For information specific to researchers, please visit the Office of Research's Staged Approach to Returning to On-Campus Research page.