Together As Buckeyes Pledge
The Buckeye community takes care of each other. Ohio State’s highest priority is the safety of its students, faculty, staff, and visitors. All members of the Buckeye community play an important role in keeping our community safe by doing our part to stop the spread of COVID-19. As a member of the Buckeye community, I know that I must take steps to stay well in order to protect others and promote a safe return to campus for all Buckeyes. Taking steps to minimize the risk of COVID-19 at Ohio State is a shared responsibility.
I know that by coming onto campus to engage in work or education-related activities that I may be exposed to COVID-19. I also understand that despite all reasonable efforts by the university, I can still contract COVID-19.
In order to reduce my risk, I agree to be an active participant in maintaining my own health, well-being and safety, as well as the safety of others, by following all the guidelines and expectations outlined by the university. I commit to reviewing these guidelines and I understand that Ohio State may provide updates as additional information is known. It is my responsibility to stay apprised of these changes to protect myself and the Buckeye community.
As a member of the Ohio State Community, I pledge to:
- Follow the university’s physical distancing guidelines;
- Follow the university’s guidelines regarding face masks;
- Follow the university’s recommended hygiene and personal protection practices including washing my hands frequently and staying home when I begin to feel sick;
- Keep my personal space and shared common spaces clean for use by others;
- Stay informed of changing COVID-19 health updates;
- Be supportive and sensitive to other members of the Buckeye community who may be experiencing physical and mental health challenges;
- Complete a daily health check and contact health care providers when I feel ill; and
- Follow all of the additional health and safety requirements of the university, my college, unit, or department. This may include participating in testing, self-quarantining, and contact tracing.
My personal commitment to the health and safety of the campus community is reflected in my completion of the return to campus online training module and agreement to adhere to the behaviors outlined above.
I have read, understand, and agree to comply with this Together As Buckeyes Pledge. I understand that COVID-19 is a highly contagious virus and it is possible to develop and contract the COVID-19 disease even if I follow all of the safety recommendations of the university and comply with the pledge. I understand that even though the university is following the guidelines issued by the CDC and other experts to reduce the spread of infection, a COVID-19 free environment can never be guaranteed. I also acknowledge that this pledge is a condition of being on any of The Ohio State University campuses. I understand that if I do not honor my pledge, I would be failing to comply with a legitimate university directive and pursuant to university policies, students, faculty, and staff will be subject to the appropriate accountability measures and disciplinary actions. As Buckeyes, “We Take Care of Each Other.”
Ohio State is a values driven institution and is mindful of its guiding principles as it navigates a return to campus. The University values are excellence in all that we do; embracing diversity in people and ideas; fostering the inclusion of all Buckeyes; allowing for access and affordability of an Ohio State education; subscribing to innovation around keeping the Buckeye community safe; relying on collaboration and multidisciplinary endeavors to guide best practices; and emphasizing the importance of transparency, integrity and trust.