Dining and Living on Campus
Student Life Dining Services will follow federal, state and local guidance regarding health and safety, while continuing to provide students with food diversity and balanced nutrition across the university. Options for students with food restrictions will continue to be provided at all locations. Students with specific dietary needs are welcome to reach out to Student Life Dining Services for additional assistance.
- Dining Services has been working to expand seating capacity after having to temporarily decrease capacity over the weekend in response to operational and service needs.
- Beginning on February 1, all facilities will reset to the capacities in autumn semester.
- Additional seating will be opened in other locations in the coming days. Check for updates at https://dining.osu.edu/articles/spring-2022-dining-update
Under all circumstances, to continue to provide the highest level of service while facilitating physical distancing, the following changes will be made to operations:
- Seating capacity in dining locations will be adjusted as needed in response to physical distancing, operational and service needs. Thank you for your patience and willingness to identify alternative seating as needed.
- Mobile ordering is encouraged; grab-and-go options will be expanded for ease of picking up meals to go.
Additional Information and Commitments
- All staff in food production and serving areas will wear a mask.
- All student meetings to discuss special dietary needs will be conducted in-person or virtually. Dietitians will maintain in-person and virtual office hours
- Dining Services will maintain an in-person and virtual front desk to respond to questions, comments and concerns
- All leadership team members will routinely collaborate with the Columbus Department of Public Health and Ohio Department of Agriculture to ensure that all updated compliance requirements are maintained
- Staff will follow all federal, state and local health and safety requirements
- All operations will continue to follow cleaning and disinfection processes.
Frequently asked questions
Visit the Student Life website for FAQs and additional information about how the university will work to ensure the health and safety of campus communities while providing food diversity and balanced nutrition.
Expectations for those in residence halls
In addition to the protective practices required for everyone on campus, residents will follow additional expectations and guidelines for housing outlined by the university.
- Given that broad access is available to vaccines, on-campus quarantine and isolation housing will be limited this year and cannot be guaranteed at any time. All students should have individual plans for isolation and quarantine housing in the event they are exposed or have a positive COVID-19 test.
- Anyone who has symptoms, tests positive or is assigned to quarantine due to exposure must not navigate campus or participate in any campus activity, including attending class or taking part in co-curricular experiences, on- or off-campus.
- Students are encouraged to maintain good hygiene, including washing their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after visiting a public place, using the restroom, blowing their nose, coughing, sneezing or touching their face. If soap and water are not available, hand sanitizer that contains at least 70% alcohol should be used.
- Student access to residence halls via BuckID will be limited to their own residence communities. Residents will be allowed to have visitors and should follow all visitation guidelines outlined in the Residential Living Handbook.
- Programming will continue to be provided to residents as a hallmark of the residential experience.
Additional details are available on housing.osu.edu.
Frequently asked questions
As Ohio State works to ensure a safe and healthy return to our campuses, additional information and FAQs related to student housing, move-in, disability services, facilities and more can be found on the Student Life website.