Student Life’s Recreational Sports is open to the campus community. In addition to all available federal, state, local and university guidelines, Student Life Recreational Sports follows guidance of national sports governing bodies to ensure physical distancing practices and other safety protocols are in place. The indoor facilities will be open with a focus on cardio and strength experiences, individual activity and programming that can be offered with physical distancing practices in place.
The following facility changes have been made to promote physical distancing:
- Physical distancing and facility capacity:
- Fitness equipment is distanced at least six feet apart following state guidelines.
- Six to 10 feet of physical distance is maintained in all activity spaces.
- Facility occupancy is limited.
- Shared equipment is limited and available for checkout. Users may bring their own equipment for personal use.
- Space closures
- Some sport activity spaces (courts, turf fields, etc.) have been repurposed to house cardio or strength equipment.
- Lounge/meeting room spaces (Nike Lounge, Member Lounge, Meeting Rooms) will remain closed except for approved reservations. A few common areas offer limited seating.
Recreational sports follows cleaning and disinfection guidelines outlined in the facilities section in addition to the following:
- Staff in facilities are stationed in areas to clean equipment and other high touch spaces regularly throughout the day. All spaces are also be cleaned and disinfected nightly.
- Cleaning supplies are available to patrons and are encouraged to be used on equipment pre- and post-workout.
Activities, programs and services
The following is permitted with physical distancing guidelines in place:
- Activities with limited or no physical contact, such as cardio, strength training, running, jogging, walking, swimming, table tennis, pickle ball, bouldering, tennis and badminton.
- Use of court or turf space for individual users
- Group fitness classes
- Available virtually, by reservation or drop-in. Capacity is limited to promote physical distancing.
- Personal training services
- Tennis courts
- Day lockers are limited and operated with physical distancing in place.
- Individuals with locker rentals at RPAC have access to lockers, and they should be used with appropriate physical distancing in place.
- Lost and found will not operate during the autumn 2020 semester except for high value items such as credit cards and phones.
- The RPAC Kids Zone will not be open at the beginning of autumn semester, but may be re-open using a phased approach during the semester following all federal, state, local and university guidelines.