Dining on Campus
Dining Services will follow federal, state and local guidance regarding health and safety while continuing to provide food diversity and balanced nutrition across the university.
The following changes will be made to operations:
- Mobile ordering and pick-up are encouraged. There will be limited availability of other ordering methods, including ordering at kiosks. Traditional all-you-care-to-eat dining locations will operate as pre-order, pick-up locations.
- Limited seats will be available on a first-come first-served basis. Tables and chairs will be cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- Guests will be asked to enter the dining locations for order pick-up after they receive notifications indicating that the order is ready, rather than waiting within the facility. Staff will manage guest flow during peak hours.
- Self-serve salad bars and condiment/flatware stands will not be available. Condiments, flatware and other items will be provided as a part of the mobile ordering process. Guests must follow staff instructions regarding beverage service.
- Reusable containers will not be utilized or permitted.
- Chilled meal packages will be offered for reheating in residence hall rooms. Meal packages can be pre-ordered for pick-up at select Dining Services locations.
All customers must wear face masks when picking up food. Face masks should be removed only when the customer is seated at the table and eating.
Guests will be required to maintain physical distancing (a minimum of six feet distance from others) while waiting for food, picking up food and when dining.
Options for students with food restrictions will continue to be provided across all locations. Students with specific dietary needs should contact email@example.com for additional assistance.
More information is available at dining.osu.edu.
Accountability measures will be in place for those who do not complete the training and sign the pledge, or choose not to abide by required health and safety guidelines. These accountability measures may range from additional training and informal coaching to formal disciplinary action based on existing structures for students, faculty and staff. They are available here.